Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Lamplugh CE School – School Purpose, Vision, Mission and Aims
‘developing life long learning and appreciation of both individuality and partnership’
The school aims to serve the community of Lamplugh Parish and the wider area by providing an excellent education for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds in the context of Christian belief and practice.
It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith. It promotes Christian values and spiritual development, fostering a respect and understanding of other people and their beliefs; through the experience it offers all its pupils. Through the provision of an interesting and stimulating environment and curriculum, we aim to embody the Christian values of love, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation developing tolerance, understanding and respect for all people. It seeks to promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, responsibility and care towards all, both in school and the wider community.
In doing this, we will encourage positive attitudes in which children value and care for themselves, each other and their surroundings. We will provide a safe, secure environment that encourages equality of opportunity for all our children to access education through exploration and enquiry enabling them to be self fulfilled, life-long learners.
At Lamplugh School we promote and develop education for life by developing pupil’s thinking skills and their appreciation and respect for diversity, individuality and creativity. We help our pupils become self-learning and self-reflective. We strive for academic excellence built upon high quality partnership between home, school and the community. We provide a flexible learning environment that enables children to develop high self-esteem and effective interpersonal skills, which will help them to reach their full potential, enabling them to become responsible citizens and meaningful contributors within a sustainable, global society.
Aims for Pupils
Lamplugh School promotes high achievement and learning for life by working with the children to:
- develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity and to grasp every opportunity to become the best they are capable of
- develop independent thought and creative thinking making reasoned judgements and choices
- develop perseverance, to identify problems, investigate and find solutions
- become highly motivated life long learners, improving and developing their abilities and skills alongside their health, fitness and personal safety
- be flexible and adaptable for the modern world
- have high self-esteem, respecting themselves, others and the environment, to develop friendship, tolerance and the sense of being there for one another so that no one feels left out
- feel respected and cared for and learn how to care for, respect, understand and help others equally, to develop cooperation and sensitivity to others
- to develop a set of beliefs and values which reflect the Christian nature of the school to make and hold moral judgements
- be able to work independently and collaboratively and to know that what they say and do makes a difference to other people and the world around them
- achieve their highest potential
- seek to advance themselves in mind body and spirit
Mission for the School
We believe that every child will succeed through experiencing quality in:
- a broad and challenging curriculum
- an enriching programme of activities, visits and performances
- a stimulating outdoor and indoor learning environment
- a rich, varied and up-to-date range of learning resources
- innovative teaching and investigative approach to learning
- an ethos of support, challenge, respect, understanding and encouragement to succeed
- open and friendly learning partnerships between school, home and the community in which parents and carers feel welcome and a part of their child’s school life, making school a better place to learn
- supportive links with other primary and secondary schools as well as early years settings and all other stakeholders
- staff, school leadership, teaching, care and quality governors
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a learning community by:
- securing the best possible educational provision and standards for all the children who attend Lamplugh School
- striving for continuous improvement in all that we do
- developing the resources within our school creating a stimulating, safe and secure learning environment that is exciting today as well as a preparation for the future
- actively promoting the school in the community, enabling the school to be developed and sustained
- developing positive relationships between home, school and the community we work in – involving parents in their children’s learning
- widening and sharing our ideas about work and gathering and sharing information with other primary schools near us and to develop good relationships with the teachers and children of our feeder secondary schools as well as early years settings and all other stakeholders
- working collaboratively towards common goals
- providing first hand experiences, which enable the children to acquire concepts and skills, which will help them, understand not only themselves and their culture but also the wider world of which they are a part.
- to develop the expertise and knowledge base of the governing body to ensure that it is able to fulfil its duties in overseeing the continuing development of the school
- creating high standards of learning experiences for all children
We all work hard to provide the best education for all our children; for each of our children to experience success, respect and care for themselves and others and to have enthusiasm for learning which goes beyond school and lasts for life.